As an eCommerce operator you need to have peace of mind in your website operation. Magento has become a popular Content Management System (CMS) choice for online retailers. Why?
Magento is an open source e-commerce platform that is written in PHP, a popular general-purpose scripting language. It provides a variety of eCommerce solutions to both B2C and B2B operators, essentially helping people to make purchases online. The platform itself is focused on providing solutions for commerce activities and has the flexibility to work across small to large businesses.
Today it is one of the most widely used eCommerce systems in the world. So why do people like using it? New York digital marketing agency Mainstreethost have previously captured some of the most popular reasons –
- Magento provides the benefits of a versatile content management system which allows users to build and customise their own offerings, avoiding the need for having to use hard coding
- The system is mobile friendly as the shopping carts are developed responsively so they work well on smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices, addressing the increasing trend of consumers making their purchases through mobile
- The platform is built with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in mind, providing scope for further SEO implementations to be made
- Scale is a big bonus for Magento with large capacity for the number of products that can be stored on the site and the volume of orders that can be processed each hour – this does though have implications for hosting requirements and the loading speeds of pages which need to be factored in to planning of website development so as not to impact the user experience
- The system has an ease of connection with third party payment gateways, applications and accounting packages to help streamline business operations
- The operating platform comes with enhanced security specifications with further options to customise multiple levels of security permissions
- There is the ability to install dynamic search features to filter products through to a multitude of parameters
- As it is an open-source platform, Magento has developed an expansive library of custom extensions allowing for the ability to create and manage multiple eCommerce stores – which is beneficial for big businesses who are serving a global market
At GoGo we have amassed experience of building a number of Magento websites for our clients – both in Magento 1 and Magento 2, the latest version of the eCommerce platform. It is one of a number of CMS platforms we build and maintain websites upon. Our approach is to take time to understand our client’s business, its objectives and operational needs to ensure that the CMS we use delivers on their objectives and needs.